- The big idea of this painting is the shimmering light on the water. I also like the way the water weaves between the leaves. I provide some tips for painting shimmering light in this newsletter.
- I painted directly onto the white surface rather than applying a thin wash of color as I often do. As it is such a light scene, I felt a dark surface might work against me.
- The sketch is extremely basic. Nothing more than a few rough marks on the surface. I chose to just jump into it and see where my brush took me.
- I painted in a direct style, starting at one point and working on it until near finish, then moving onto the next. I drew inspiration from a Russian artist named Chirun Ilya.
- I used thick, multicolored strokes for the rocks and leaves. I focused on capturing as much information as possible with just a few strokes.
Thanks for Reading!
Thanks for taking the time to read this post. I appreciate it! Feel free to share with friends. If you want more painting tips, check out my Painting Academy course.
Draw Paint Academy