- The painting depicts a wet, overcast day. Pale greens dominate the painting. The scene is basked in a soft, cool light.
- This is one in a series of tree paintings.
- Multicolored strokes allowed me to convey the illusion of nature’s detail without needing to render every rock, leaf or strand of grass.
- For the tree, I focused on the dominant branches. I simplified the rest.
- A key feature is the line of pale green behind the tree. I was careful to get this color right.
Thanks for Reading!
Thanks for taking the time to read this post. I appreciate it! Feel free to share with friends. If you want more painting tips, check out my Painting Academy course.
Draw Paint Academy