- This was a speed painting challenge. It took around 35 minutes all up. This is a great test of your instinctive painting abilities.
- Mood and ambience are the key features. I wasn’t too worried about the drawing.
- There’s a powerful contrast between the shadows and the warm lights.
- Notice the thick paint and multicolored strokes.
- The boats are vague. This plays into the impressionist style and the overall lack of clarity in this low-light scene.
(Note: I cropped the reference photo to make it a more intimate composition.)
Want to Learn More?
You might be interested in my Painting Academy course. I’ll walk you through the time-tested fundamentals of painting. It’s perfect for absolute beginner to intermediate painters.
Thanks for Reading!
I appreciate you taking the time to read this post and I hope you found it helpful. Feel free to share it with friends.
Draw Paint Academy