- This was a speed painting challenge. It took around 35 minutes all up. This is a great test of your instinctive painting abilities.
- Mood and ambience are the key features. I wasn’t too worried about the drawing.
- There’s a powerful contrast between the shadows and the warm lights.
- Notice the thick paint and multicolored strokes.
- The boats are vague. This plays into the impressionist style and the overall lack of clarity in this low-light scene.
(Note: I cropped the reference photo to make it a more intimate composition.)
Thanks for Reading!
Thanks for taking the time to read this post. I appreciate it! Feel free to share with friends. If you want more painting tips, check out my Painting Academy course.
Draw Paint Academy