- The painting depicts a wet, overcast day. Pale greens dominate the painting. The scene is basked in a soft, cool light.
- This is one in a series of tree paintings. You can see some of the others below (click to enlarge):
- Multicolored strokes allowed me to convey the illusion of nature’s detail without needing to render every rock, leaf, or strand of grass.
- For the tree, I focused on the dominant branches. I simplified the rest.
- A key feature is the line of pale green behind the tree. I was careful to get this color right.
If you ever want to learn more, you might be interested in my Painting Academy course.