A note from Rosemary and Co’s founder:
“I’ve been making brushes for 38 years and supplying artists by mail order. I’m fortunate that my trade has allowed me to travel the world both sourcing materials and learning different styles of manufacturing. It’s from these resources that I find my own methods of making brushes and trained my team ‘my way’. I have trained a team of highly skilled brush makers to follow suit. I am passionate about art and I hope this shines through in our products. In dealing with artists directly, I’m able to offer exactly what you want, in terms of quality, price and delivery. I’m proud to be a small family business, who can extend an ‘old fashioned’ approach to conducting my business.”
- Wonderful craftsmanship and design. They are comfortable to hold and you can tell they are made from quality materials.
- The bristles are incredibly responsive. They pick up and release paint easily onto the canvas. This is the main benefit over poorly-made alternatives.
- They will last a long time if you care for them.
- You can buy artist sets. For example, here’s Richard Schmid’s set.
“Rosemarys brushes are my choice as the perfect instruments for painting. No other brushes in the world quite compare to them for performance, superb quality and variety (and they get 55 mpg on the highway!).” Richard Schmid
- It’s easy to reorder brush sets or top-up brushes.
- They have an affiliate program so you can earn money by recommending the brushes to your friends.
- They are on the pricey end. You are paying for quality.
- Depending on where you are located, the brushes may take a while to reach you. Postage costs may also be high. They are only manufactured in England I believe, but they do ship world wide.
These brushes are best used for serious oil or acrylic painting. If you are just starting out, you might prefer more economical options for brushes.
Where to Buy
The best place to buy is direct from Rosemary and Co. They ship worldwide.
Want to Learn More?
You might be interested in my Painting Academy course. I’ll walk you through the time-tested fundamentals of painting. It’s perfect for absolute beginner to intermediate painters.
Thanks for Reading!
I appreciate you taking the time to read this post and I hope you found it helpful. Feel free to share it with friends.
Draw Paint Academy