"Good composition is like a suspension bridge - each line adds strength and takes none away." Robert Henri
Composition is one of those areas that can make or break your painting before you even pick up a brush. It starts as soon as you look for a subject to paint and extends all the way through until you sign the painting.
But, it's hard to teach and hard to learn. You can't simply memorize a few composition rules and theories and expect to create interesting paintings. That will only make you predictable. You need to understand the rules, yet know when to break them.
The aim of this course is to help you design more interesting compositions. You'll also gain a deeper understanding and appreciation of composition and art in general. Once you understand composition, the world becomes more beautiful. Problems you once had in painting will disappear. You'll be more inspired, your paintings will look more in harmony, and you'll find it easier to communicate what you want to say.
Here's What Will Happen
- Every 3 days, starting on the day you enroll, I'll hand-pick a master painting for us to analyze. You'll get a video of me breaking down the painting in terms of composition, why it works, and key takeaways for your own paintings. I'll also give you a photo of the painting and additional resources. By the end of the course, we will have analyzed 20 painting compositions.
- You'll get a chance to analyze the painting first. You can then compare your findings to mine. By the end of the course, we will hopefully be on the same page. You might even start to pick up things I miss.
- The course will also be about art appreciation. I'll be sharing master paintings that inspire me and will perhaps inspire you.
- It won't take up much of your time. As with most of the stuff I put out, there's a focus on distilled knowledge. I don't want to overwhelm you with information. There's already enough of it out there.
What You Will Get
An introductory video with details on how to go about the course and an overview of composition theory.
20 video breakdowns (you'll get the first one on enrollment, then an additional one every 3 days thereafter).
Key takeaways from my video analysis.
Additional resources, such as my composition breakdown checklist, master composition quotes, and links to relevant paintings and articles.
Each lesson will have a comment section for you to share your thoughts with other course students.
An accountability email series to keep you on track.
This Is for You If...
- Your paintings look bland and uninspired.
- You are struggling to find interesting subjects to paint.
- You want to better understand and see composition. (It's easy to spot a great composition. It's much harder to explain WHY it works.)
- You want to discover and appreciate master artists.
- All skill levels are welcome. Every artist has room to learn more about composition. If you are an absolute beginner, I provide some introductory material at the start to help you out.
Enrollment is open for 1 week only at a launch-only price. I'll then close it down and take the first group of students through, iron out any kinks, and make updates. I'll open it up to the public in a few months at the full price.
Join today to lock in the launch price and be one of the first students to go through this course.
Frequently Asked Questions
My 100% Guarantee
Your satisfaction is my number one priority. If for any reason you do not enjoy the course, just send me an email within 60 days of purchase and I will refund you in full.