- Depicts the powerful midday sun. The lights are glaring and the shadows are deep.
- This is one in a series of tree paintings.
- I used a pointillism approach to paint broken color. This involved placing small dabs of distinct color until the subject emerged.
- The physical texture adds an interesting dimension to the painting, as the individual strokes have physical shadows, highlights, and contours.
- What I could improve: The dappled light looks a bit off. But not enough to change it now.
Want to Learn More?
You might be interested in my Painting Academy course. I’ll walk you through the time-tested fundamentals of painting. It’s perfect for absolute beginner to intermediate painters.
Thanks for Reading!
I appreciate you taking the time to read this post and I hope you found it helpful. Feel free to share it with friends.
Draw Paint Academy