- Painted almost only with palette knives. I wanted the colors to appear crisp and distinct.
- Notice the subtle color variance within strokes.
- Much of this painting is about capturing the illusion of detail. How do I capture the appearance of leaves, branches, rocks, highlights, and shadows without painting every single detail?
- The sky has three types of blue: ultramarine at the top, cobalt in the middle, and cerulean at the bottom.
- My strokes follow the general contours and planes.
Want to Learn More?
You might be interested in my Painting Academy course. I’ll walk you through the time-tested fundamentals of painting. It’s perfect for absolute beginner to intermediate painters.
Thanks for Reading!
I appreciate you taking the time to read this post and I hope you found it helpful. Feel free to share it with friends.
Draw Paint Academy